Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Inside English Likes Fast Mikie Blog

Before I left on my trip
I grabbed a couple magazines
(pool related, of course)
in case I got bored.

So last night,
on my way out the door for dinner
at Ragged Point,
I took the September issue of
Inside English Magazine
which covers the pool scene in
PA, IN, MI, OH, IL, IA, WI
and thereabouts.
Nothing in my area, but I like the writing.

I open to the table of contents
and almost fell out of my chair
when I saw my name listed in the author column.
WTF?

Well, I do remember, vaguely,
that the publisher, Sandy Schuman, contacted me
a long time ago,
about me writing some stuff for their magazine
and I think I said something like
Sure, and if you like something in
any of my blogs, you can publish what you want.
And that was the last I heard on the subject.

And now, here I am, listed as writing a story.
I wonder what I wrote?!...
So I turn to page 11,
and there's a headline:

"Some of the Best Pool Writing is Online
Best of the Blogs
A (sic) Edited Look at One of Our Favorite Blogs
Diary of a Pool Player (sic)
The Adventures of Fast Mikie
by Michael McCafferty"

Wow!
Look Mom! I wrote something and it got published!

Bottom line is that Inside English
cut and pasted several pieces of
several different blog entries
from the past couple of months.

Check it out.
Click here.


Needless to say,
I really enjoyed my dinner
reading all about me!

;o)

(blog top)


3 comments:

Robert Johnson said...

They selected a pretty good one. Good luck this weekend.

Anonymous said...

You're on page 11 again this month! I love the post too! Can't find the video though. Hope to see you soon!
Hugs!
/s

Michael McCafferty said...

Yo, Samm...

Wow! I'm famous!! Mom would be so proud...

But then, look who I'm talkin' to: the most famous female Asian pool shooter in all of Colorado,
maybe even the entire continental divide.

I do have the video, just not the time, software, hardware to edit it. I'm planning on getting a Mac very soon, so i can do videos galore, so stay tuned...

Here's huggin' you, kid!

FM