Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Saturday, September 22, 2007

For Sale: Cues, Case, Table, Balls, Trophies

I quit.

After today's performance,
there can be no other alternative.
This was more than a humbling experience.
It was humiliating!

I could get into the details,
but it would be too painful to relate,
and I would never want to see it again in writing.

The only good thing that happened
is that the fat shark who beat me
was beat 7-1 by Jeff,
the same Jeff I won against last night.

That's about the only good thing
I can take with me on the long drive home.

I did not shoot good pool.

Why, you ask?
(go ahead, ask)

Is it better to lose with no excuse,
or to at least have some excuse?

The best I can come up with for a reason
is that for the past several weeks
my left shoulder has been in major pain.
I haven't wanted to say anything about it here
because I never want to give myself an excuse
ahead of a match.
Don't want to jinx myself.
Never want to give myself an excuse for losing.

But, last week, the pain got so bad,
I went to see the doc,
(and I NEVER see a doc)
who diagnosed "rotator cuff tendinitis"
and gave me a shot of cortisone.
That helped a little, for a couple of days,
but then it came back two days ago.

I've been pumping myself with Advil,
and that helps a little.

Then, as if things couldn't get worse,
late last night, after my match with Jeff,
my RIGHT shoulder is real tight and painful.
WTF?
Maybe it was from breaking in my match last night.
Maybe I'm overcompensating with my right
for all the pain in my left.

Maybe I'm just looking for an excuse.
But I guess I'd rather have a reason
(rather than NO reason)
for shooting as bad as I did today.

But, I'm now in serious pain,
mentally and physically.

I think I'll seek the services
of Mr. Guinness and Mr. Bushmills.
Old reliable!

(blog top)


2 comments:

TW said...

by no means u r a bad player,i've seen ur sorto string video,u r really something,keep it up!

Anonymous said...

No! Don't do it!!! Mike and I will come out for an intervention!