Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Friday, June 08, 2007

Love the Glove



I bought a glove a couple of weeks ago.
I
was skeptical, but curious, and it was only 10 bucks.
I didn't get around to trying it out
until a few days ago.
I didn't want to use it in a match
without first getting some practice with it.

Why use a glove?
I favor a closed bridge for most shots,
and my hands get sweaty in pressure situations
especially if it's hot and humid.
This causes drag on the stroke.
Powder works ok, but it's a mess.

At first, the glove felt weird,
but with persistence,
it started showing some advantages.
The big plus is that it gives a consistent feel
under all conditions.
Another advantage is that
I can tighten my grip with the closed bridge
and this helps with a more confident shot.

Tonight was my first public use of the glove.
It was an APA team 8-ball match.
I won 5-0.
(vs. Tom Oeschger
, skill level 6)


So I guess I'll be using the glove for a while.

(blog top)


No comments: