Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Crash and Rededication

It took only a few hours.
My adrenaline-fueled high wore off
and I crashed mightily into one of those
"What's it all about?"
monkey-brain sessions,
then I physically crashed into several more hours sleep.

Redemption came with a wake up call
(figuratively and factually)
from El Maestro,
who, when I asked him "What's it all about, anyway?
Who cares if I'm undefeated,
where does it end?
(a rhetorical question since I'm looking at either
interminable battles with ball-bangers,
or a meaningless existence of poking balls with a stick,
or.... what?
If not pool, then what?)

El Maestro answered that
the existence of Man is one of continual competition.
Without it, we die.

That's pretty basic.
So I guess I go back to the practice table
at least until I get a better answer.

(blog top)


No comments: