Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Cue Shuffle

Last match was the first competition use
of the backup shaft with the fresh tip.
(Moori medium)
I had been practicing with it
for several days before the match.

It was no different than my old tip,
just fresher.
I'd been playing with the other one for about 6 months.
The fresh one plays with more action.
It seems that there is more compression
and subsequently more grip.
The leather is fresher, more moist,
and holds more chalk.

In other news, as of today,
I resolved to abandon my X-breaker.
The non-leather tip is too slick.
Too many bad hits.
I'll use my old Predator basic cue
with a 314 shaft,
and the tip shaped flat.
It's the cue I bought to replace my Willie Hoppe.
I got it right after I joined the APA
about 3.5 years ago.
I played some nice pool with that stick,
using it for about 2 years.
Yesterday I was shooting some racks with it,
and it felt real nice.
Couldn't miss!

I noticed that the balance point
of the Predator is about 2" forward of the Samsara.

The Predator is 18.8 oz. with Limbsaver attached.
The Samsara is 20.4 oz.



(blog top)


No comments: