D I A R Y
of a

P O O L    S H O O T E R

The Adventures of FastMikie
in search of Truth and Beauty in the art of pocket billiards.




Friday, September 07, 2007

The Incredible Lightness of Imperfection

Last night was the first match
in a new session of APA team 8-ball,
and I lost.

I missed one shot on the 8
but an embarrassing margin.
I made a costly, and rather stupid, mental error.
And, generally, exhibited relatively mediocre play
against an opponent who played well.
(4-1 vs. R. Dusenberry, skill level 6)

The great joy of this otherwise ugly evening
is that I have removed
the enormous burden of Perfection
which I have been carrying
for the last 3 and one half months.

The gods favored me with omnipotence
only for a little while,
and then, last night, reminded me that
I am human.

It has been 4 years since I took up this game.
I have yet to find the easy, relaxed, fluidity
which El Maestro demonstrates so naturally
and so consistently.

I yearn to play
solely for the sweetness of the game.


(blog top)


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Go to top of this blog

© Copyright 2004-2011, All rights reserved.