Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

JAX pool school - what I learned: Drill - 8 and 6



This drill was recommended by Thorsten Hohmann at the Predator pool school in Jacksonville, Florida, May 21-22, 2008.

I tried it a couple of times at the school, but didn't make it through. (You try doing a new drill with Thorsten Hohmann watching!) This video is the first time I tried it on my table at home.

The rules: Start with ball-in-hand. Shoot the 8, then the 1, then the 8, then 2, 8, 3, 8, 4, 8, 5, 8, 6, 8. Spot the 8 after you make it. Foul if you bump into a ball. Good drill for getting shape on balls at opposite ends of the table.

As you can tell, I wasn't comfortable with the hit on the 5 ball, and got back up from the shot twice, and then over-hit the ball, but came out ok. It wasn't pretty, but it was effective. Sometimes it's all about recovery!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

michael, awesome; I had a hard time too not because of Toastie but Shanelle. I will be visitng the palace and have some fun with you.

john rousseau ( papa )

Toasti said...

Mikie,

well done. For now...

I want you to move the 8-Ball one diamond closer to the end rail and do the drill again.

After that you move the 8-Ball all the way up to the end rail. You can do the drill with the 8-Ball frozen and also with a small gap between ball and rail. Practice both!

Add more balls on the opposite side as you get more comfortable and better.

If you can do the drill with all 14 balls and the 8-Ball frozen to the rail (captured on video) I will send you a present here from Jacksonville.

Tip: Work your way up there...

Toasti :-P