Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Friday, January 11, 2008

There's more to life than pool: Ferrari

The season is upon us.
Ferrari has unveiled the new F1 car.



click the photo for flash videos
and more FerrariWorld.com features.

OK, now that we're on the subject (Ferrari),
check this out:

Shown below is the
12 year old Ferrari I was driving 30 years ago.
That would have been my mid-life crisis.
I was 16 years out of high school,
and it would be another 16 years
until all the work was done.



Photo taken somewhere south of Big Sur, CA.
I had been living in California for about a year.
After having endured 3 Chicago winters.

The car is a 1966 Ferrari model #275 GTB,
12 cylinders of pure sex on wheels.
They made about 300 of these.
Beautiful burgundy color, black leather interior.
Wire wheels.
It had a physical presence.

I bought this cheap
because it was 12 years old,
very near its all time low price.
I drove it every day for 2+ years,
and sold it for the same amount I paid.

I sold it because I was going bankrupt.
My business went bust.
I had hit bottom for the first time.

But things eventually got back on track,
I worked harder and smarter,
and got lucky too, of course,
and soon enough, there were more Ferraris to come...


No comments: