Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Monday, May 16, 2005

Sweet victory!

Mike B. is one of the top players in our league.
His skill level is 8. I'm a 7.
In our APA 9ball match tonight,
he needed to get 65 points, I needed 55.
The final score was 55-26.

What made this victory so sweet is that
Mike B. beat me once before.
I was looking forward to playing him.
I wanted revenge.
I felt strong after a good straight pool win against Miltonio.
just a few hours before.

Immediately after I dropped my final ball,
he said "Lucky bastard!" and then:
"How many times did you get accidentally safe?"

I bought him a drink and we talked about it,
and he did concede that I shot good.
But he figured I had lucky breaks.

I remember one shot that was extraordinary.
A very close range draw/semi-masse "tweak-shot"
that was almost 90 degrees to the pocket.
With shape.

I was close to In The Zone
during parts of the match.

We may meet again in the Masters Triple Play tournament.
I willl look forward to that...

No comments: