Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Good, Bad, and Ugly

The important advantage of video recording of practice sessions is that it reveals Truth. For example, the video below, from last night's Optimum Practice session, clearly shows that I do not stay down on the shots on the 5 ball.

I should replay this a lot, and say to myself, maybe scream it, "Stay Down".

I'm thinking I also should focus on a pause in my back swing on these shots.

This is two attempts at the drill, with a pretty picture as intermission, which is sort of like putting lipstick on a pig.

Drill attempt #1 finishes successfully, #2 does not. In both attempts my shot on the 4 is sloppy, but it goes anyway, and the shot on the 5 is horrible because I slipped my stroke and jumped up, but it goes. So much for the "Bad" (or is it "Ugly"?).

The Good is the shot on the 6 in both attempts, which I could watch all day. Top inside english to get nice shape on the 7, which sets up the 8 to get down-table on the 9.




No comments: