Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Monday, May 12, 2008

Cutest Cueists - Hydred Makabali


Hydred Makabali

Hydred was my first loss in a non-APA tournament. All you have to do is look at her photo, and you can easily see why I couldn't focus on my game.

It was at On Cue Billiards in La Mesa, CA, a couple of years ago. I hadn't yet learned to tune out everything except the shot at hand. (Will I ever learn to do that completely?)

There is something that happens at the primitive level, something hard-wired, almost impossible to ignore; it is a power so great that guys become idiots.

I'm reminded of that song Chantilly Lace by the Big Bopper:

"Ain't nothing in the world like a big eyed girl
To make me act so funny, make me spend my money
Make me feel real loose like a long necked goose
Like a--oh baby, that's a-what I like!

Of course, mentally, rationally, I am all for women being able to shoot pool against the men, and I agree that they should be able to play as well as the best of the men, and that they are equal under the Constitution of the US (as amended), but they do possess some magical powers we men do not comprehend, and are powerless to combat. However, "vive la difference"!

No comments: