Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Sunday, May 18, 2008

4 Gods and a Godess

In a few hours, too few to get a good night's sleep, I'll grab my cue case and a couple of bags and head to the airport, and fly to Jacksonville, Florida for a pool school with 4 gods of pool offering some of what they know for two days at the tables. I'll be in a class of about 20 players. The teachers are Efren Reyes, Francisco Bustamante, Thorsten Hohmann, and Tony Robles.

As a major bonus for making this un-hermitlike excursion from my Fortress of Solitude (FastMikie's Fun House), and risking my life by being flung cross-country in an aluminum tube while inhaling the probably diseased breath of 100+ other captives for 6 hours, I get to have the enormous pleasure of meeting up with an ex-girlfriend who I haven't seen in 15 years. Well, ok, not just "an" ex-girlfriend, but really the best girlfriend ever. And, in my life, "ever" is a long time.

So, if the plane goes down, it can easily be said that I was on my way to meet 4 Gods and a Godess. And you can't ask for much more than that for your final day on this planet...

No comments: