Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Pool Fuel


One of my favorite pool bloggers
of the female persuasion
(I won't say who, but her initials are Samm Diep)
seems to feel the need to blog about food.

Food is good stuff,
but pool is better,
and I have not strayed from pool herein...

But a few days ago,
I was taking a break from the practice table,
and got groovy with some tostadas
that were totally blogworthy.

As exhibit A, may I present:


Tortilla, refried beans, grated cheeses (4), guacamole,
salsa, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream...

Once I got started,
I wolfed down 3 of these critters,
stopping only when the fixin's were gone.

By the way, isn't all Mexican food
really all the same stuff
put together differently and called something else?


Anyway, after going majorly Glutton,
I couldn't move, let along play any more pool,
so I fell into bed for a siesta,
and didn't eat anything else for 20 hours.
Wow!

Isn't this ridiculous, all this food talk?
This is a pool blog, right?
OK, I swear this is my last food blog.
Want more, go to the links above.

But now that I'm on the subject,
here's my favorite breakfast:



(Click photo for the story: "Great Moments in Pancake History")


I have been refining the art of food
for the last 22 years.
That's how long I have had the good fortune
to have the same cook,
and, working together,
we have developed some of the
finest vegetarian cuisine on this planet.

About 2 years ago,
I put together some of our best recipes
into a book and put it on the internet
as a public service to all mankind.
I am convinced that this food
will stop wars, cure disease,
and guarantee eternal bliss.

Consider the fact that I have
been eating this food for the last 4 years
and gone from a D player to an A.

Click here for the recipe book.

OK, I'm done.
That's all I'm going to say about food.

(top)





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pool, Sleep, and FOOD, what else do you need? Oh yeah, and sex of course. But other than that, what else is there??? Oh right, blogging, but that's it! I'm certain of it.

Michael McCafferty said...

Ok, Samm, tell you what... you start blogging about sex and I'll blog about sleep.

Robert Johnson said...

My son bought me this great hooded sweatshirt for Christmas:
http://www.cafepress.com/buy/billiards/-/pv_design_prod/p_2729893.186195509/pNo_186195509/id_23419923/fpt_/opt_/c_666/pg_

3 highway symbols that indicate Eat, Sleep, Billiards.