Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Global Control Center


Further camera experiments turned the lens toward a recent project that has come to a most excellent development. I have been putting the finishing touches on my new Global Control Center for FastMikie InterGalactic Enterprises.

The blog you read comes to you from this chair, this computer. Just a couple of feet away from the pool table. FastMikie's Fun House has it all, except space. That's at a real premium. Every inch must do double duty, at least.

(Click here for the video)
best viewed full screen

When I put this little corner together, I challenged myself to put together a very small collection of books, the ones which have had the greatest effect on me.

The biographies (books) shown are:
Musashi
Siddhartha
Lindbergh
Einstein
Enzo Ferrari
Rockefeller
Law of Success, by Napoleon Hill

The music is Thus Spake Zarathustra, which played prominently in the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey. That movie is also the source for the tongue-in-cheek intro to this blog "Everything is going extremely well" which the infallible computer HAL-9000 speaks just prior to going bonkers. Don't ever trust a computer. I have spent almost a half a century with computers, so I have learned to make allowances for their eventual failures.

The bookcases are from Levenger.com. I'm a big fan of their "tools for serious readers".

The computer is a MacBookPro.
The monitor is a Dell 30".
Wireless Mac keyboard.
Wireless MX Revolution mouse by Logitech.
Water by Fiji.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coo space Mikie!!!