Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Monday, May 30, 2005

An Experiment in Communication

I'd like to show you what El Maestro was teaching me on Saturday. A picture would help, so I found an Interactive Web Pool Table.

To illustrate the shot that El Maestro was teaching me on Saturday, first highlight and copy this string into your clipboard (Ctrl-C):

START(
%Hr5J9%Ip0L2%Po4I4%Qs5[5
%WC9H4%Xs2H8%Yr5I5%Zo3I4%[s6[4%\r4K1
%]n4G8%^B9G4%eB4`3
)END

then open this link in a new browser window
http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/pooltable2.html

then click "Paste" and answer the prompt in the affirmative.

This will arrange the balls on the table. And you are looking at what I was dealing with.

The shot is to cut the 8 ball almost 90 degrees to the right into pocket A, and bring the cue ball two lengths of the table for position on the 9 ball.

El Maestro's special techniques used in this shot: "aim to miss", stay down, follow through, english: top with the smallest amount of left, and keep the cue out of the way of the rebounding cue ball.

Enjoy!

For an interactive pool table that uses lasers, click here!

No comments: