Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Double Senior Moment

This afternoon I was cruising along in the Encinitas 8-ball tournament, and got into the semi-finals against Pat. It was close. I had stripes, (or was it solids?) and I shot the wrong flavor, but nobody said anything, and I didn't realize it either, of course (Senior Moment #1). The very next shot, I shot the other flavor (Senior Moment #2), and got called on shooting the wrong ball, but since I had already gone back to the flavor I originally had, and since nobody called the original foul, according to the rules, it was no longer a foul. The ref said it was a foul, but I think the rule says otherwise. But what the heck, it wasn't as if it was the end of the world, so I gave up ball in hand. So I came in 3rd.

It's a fun tournament. Free to enter, no prizes, just bragging rights. Except once a quarter if you win you get your name on a plaque. This is an old man's shot at immortality. The competition is fierce. Good players hang here. Lots of experience. Lots to learn. Good energy of sharing.


1 comment:

Roy Zornow said...

I think in APA at least, you are correct, that is not a foul.