Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Shoot With Confidence



During a time many months ago,
when I was shooting poorly,
El Maestro told me: "Shoot With Confidence".

Of course I wanted to shoot with confidence,
but how do I do that if
I have been missing shots frequently,
and I am not sure the shot will work as needed?

I had learned this lesson many years ago.
At that time the lesson was in a business setting, not pool.
I didn't think to apply this truth to my game.
I just needed El Maestro's reminder.

The amazing answer is to just do it.
Shoot "as if" you were shooting with confidence!

A confident stroke will follow through.
A confident stroke will be natural.
A confident stroke is a thing of beauty.

Even if you are not confident,
act as if you are!

The results are truly magical.

"The result cannot be achieved
unless the experiment is made."
(Paramahansa Yogananda)

(blog top)

No comments: