Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Monday, September 15, 2008

The chill of autumn brings renewal

Summer's over. In a week it will be the first day of Autumn. Already there is a chill in the air toward sunset. The new season has begun. It's a perfect time for a fresh perspective of the future.

My shoulder is feeling better. In a big surprise today, it feels almost normal. I discovered the benefits of ice as a therapy. Sweet relief. The pool god and the shoulder god are at peace. I feel good.

After the U.S. Amateur championship, I'll be looking forward to some time away from pool for a month or so. I'd like to rest up a bit before starting in again with a new plan, new dedication.

I like making improvements. The table has taken severe abuse with all the practice and lessons, so it seems like an opportune time to replace the Simonis 860.
I'm looking forward to seeing how my draw stroke (such as it is) performs on fresh cloth.

Re-leveling should also be done. And the bed height needs lowering. Seems my table is a bit higher than it should be.

That should be the last of the maintence for another year at least.

All things considered, a pool table is a good investment. Maintenance costs are low. Operating costs are very low (chalk, light, heat). Lots of money saved on alternative forms of entertainment. Available 24/7, indoors (any weather, wind, temp...), special clothing not required, private...