Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Friday, April 18, 2008

Reduce variables, become more consistent

One incremental improvement that I added to my practice routine is with the chalk.

I used to use a pocket chalker device but I got out of the habit. But they are far superior in several ways. First of all, your own chalk will always be way better than using the stuff you will find in most pool halls, bars, etc. Also, you save time by having it handy and not have to walk around the table for it.

I got out of the habit of using this device because I didn't need to bring my own chalk to my own practice table. It was already there!

Because I'm trying to build a pre-shot routine that will be absolutely consistent regardless of where I'm playing, it is essential to use the device at all times even during practice in my own home.

I think I read it somewhere: "Practice the way you are going to play." And that's also the reason why I wear a glove at all times, even when I don't need it.

Eliminating variables is essential to consistent performance.

No comments: