Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

2007 US Amateur Sign Up Time



I just got the invitation in the mail...

The APA wants another 40 bucks from me.
And I want another crack at
the US Amateur Championships.

That seems like a fair trade.

In 2004, I tried out for the first time,
along with another 1000+ wanna-be pool players.

I was undefeated in the
California preliminary rounds.
(read the story, click here)

That performance got me into the big show
with 127 other hopefuls.
I was less than spectacular,
and tied for 64th.

In 2005 and 2006
I fell short in the preliminary rounds
and didn't qualify for the big event.

So, here we go again for 2007.

What will I do differently to prepare?

For starters, I'll reduce the pockets
on my Gold Crown IV table to 4.5 inches.

That will give me 6 months
to sharpen my aim and my game.

Never give up!

(blog top)


No comments: