Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Praise from El Maestro




The last time Tony and I shot some pool,
a couple of weeks ago,
I ran through a rack of 8 ball,
and then almost all of another rack
(missed on the last shot)
and he actually told me
"Those two racks were PROFESSIONAL quality"

He was referring to the choices,
the shot selection, etc
that I made,
as well as the precision position.

That really made me feel great,
and affirmed what I had been suspecting
for some time:
that my game has taken a step up.
It was only a few months ago
that my 8-ball patterns were awful.

Again today,
after shooting for about 7 hours straight,
he gave it up again
telling me that I was shooting good.

So I guess I'd have to say
I'm feeling pretty good about that.

For the last 3 years,
I thought he wasn't giving my game any compliments
because he was some kind of tough guy.
But all the while it was just because
I didn't deserve any compliments!

But I still have a LONG way to go
to reach his level.
Some of the things he does with the cue ball
are just plain unbelievable
until you see it happen,
repeatedly.

Namaste'
El Maestro!

(blog top)


No comments: