Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Not A Dream!

I woke up this morning and wondered
if it all might have been a dream
that last night I won a match
against one of the best players
in the division.
And that gave us first place
in the division.
Even better, it put me solidly
in first place among the players
in the division,
UNDEFEATED IN TEN OUT OF TEN MATCHES!

And, checking out the other two
Triple Play divisions in San Diego,
it seems that my point total for the session
is the highest of all players.
Amazing!

Considering that I have been playing
semi-serious pool for a little under
a year and a half, I would have to admit
that my performance has exceeded expectations.
One major reason is the excellent
teachings of El Maestro, Tony Sorto.

But, as Tony himself would say,
I was the one with the stick in my hand.
I did the shooting, and won 70 games
against tough competition.
I've been called a Lucky Bastard, (M. Birtcher)
but luck has a way of coming and going,
and it evens out over time.
Certainly over 70 games.

No comments: