Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Optimum Practice Spreadsheet

Virtually all serious players are in agreement:
focused practice is essential.
I have found that keeping records
of practice performance is very helpful.

I recently created a spreadsheet for
recording progress during my
Optimum Practice sessions.

As far as I know,
nothing like it exists in the billiard world.


It is based on the premise
"If you can't measure it, you can't manage it."

Check it out.
My gift to readers of this blog.

This spreadsheet is for your Personal use only,
not to be copied or used for commercial purposes.



Microsoft Excel version (.xls)
for people who have Microsoft Excel software


Google Docs Version
For people who do not have Microsoft Excel
and who want to use this spreadsheet
with the free Google Docs service,
simply download the Microsoft Excel version
and then import it into Google Spreadsheet.
The Google Docs version will not have
some of the features used in the Excel version,
but it will still be quite useful.

Open Office Version

Why keep paying Microsoft for software
when there are free versions of productivity suites
available now at OpenOffice.org!
Download the Excel version above,
and download OpenOffice,
then import the Excel spreadsheet into OpenOffice.


I continue to make major
improvements to the spreadsheet
in Microsoft Excel format
along with links to my YouTube videos
which show how many of the drills are done
and gives more info on setup, etc.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love a copy of that spreadsheet. Great site, by the way!

Michael Kizer said...

I'd like to take a look at that XLS file as well if you could. I am putting a little something together for tracking practice drills on my smart phone (Windows Mobile) mostly from Joe Tucker's "Guaranteed Improvement" book, but I like some of your drills as well and may incorporate them too. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I would love a copy of the spreadsheet. I'm always looking for ways to help me improve my game. And many of your videos on the web site have helped a lot. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Have you checked out the spreadsheet on google docs? It might be an easier way to publish to the web, and then you can have easy remote access from any computer, too.

Anonymous said...

Mike...I sent you an email last week, asking you if we were still on for our day lesson, the first week of May, but haven't heard back from you. I have Tueday, May 6th and Thursday, May 8th still available. Do either of those days work for you? Please email me, or call me...

Scott Lee
email: poolology@aol.com
cell: 773-551-7473