D I A R Y
of a

P O O L    S H O O T E R

The Adventures of FastMikie
in search of Truth and Beauty in the art of pocket billiards.




Friday, January 19, 2007

In search of the perfect cue shaft...



For the first time in 3+ years,
I am happy enough with the shaft I'm using
to reorder an identical shaft.

What could possibly earn my approval?
The Predator 314 series 2,
with a Quick-Lock joint
and a Moori medium tip,
extra long (30").

All shafts before this have been Predator,
and in normal length (29")
but I have experimented with
the Z-shaft
and custom 314 shafts cut down
to 12.25mm.

I think the extra inch in length helps
on reaching some shots,
and also the overall balance of my cue.

I evolved from a Moori soft to medium
because the soft needed constant attention.

Seybert's gets my business,
because they are easy to work with,
they stand behind their work,
I can order online,
and get it fast.

I ordered another shaft today
because the tip on my current playing shaft
is getting kind of low,
and flatter than I like,
so I did some shaping
to get it to nickel radius,
and roughed it up to hold chalk,
and now it is playing sweet again,
but that's about the last time I can do it.

This was the opportunity to get a backup shaft.
Then I'll send in the one I use now,
for a fresh tip.

A fresh tip shoots sweet.

Watch out, Efren...

;o)

(blog top)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Go to top of this blog

© Copyright 2004-2011, All rights reserved.