Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Gold Crown IV - Day One



A brand new out of the box(es) Gold Crown IV
was just installed in Mikie's Fun House this afternoon.

They were still hanging the bridge holders
when Terry The Installer says
"It's ok to shoot some balls, if you want..."

And I start thinking
Hmmmm.... the first ball I shoot on my new table...
that could be an omen, maybe...
so maybe I should be sure to make it...
so maybe I should line up an easy one...
but instead, I set up an obscene reverse cut, long...
and then I wail at it and it drops like it was going home!

Now there's an omen I can like!

First impressions are that the new 860 Simonis
is like shooting on ice.
Balls noticeably skid when hit.
Draw is effortless.
All ball action is magnified a lot.
I have to dial back on stroke.
(It almost looks like I *have* a stroke!)

The table looks a lot better than I thought it would.
Overall I am very pleased,
but this is only day one.
Stay tuned for detail reports.

No comments: