Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Miltonio in action!

Afternoon visit to Miltonio
to get my spare shaft re-tipped (Moori slow)
and to get Tony's shaft re-tipped (same)
and to shoot some pool.

Miltonio's shop is amazing
with all sorts of specialized tools
which he has made himself.
It must be seen to be believed!
And I got a front row seat while
he worked on my cue.
It is an extraordinary pleasure
to watch a master craftsman in action.

We played some one-pocket,
which is his game of preference
and a game I have played only a few times.
He beat me the first game 8-7.
I took the next two 8-2 and 8-4.
I'm starting to get a new respect
and appreciation for the game.
I'll probably play more of it in the future...

Then we played some 9 ball,
and he should have won at least
2 or 3 games where he left the 9 for me,
in the jaws!
That sure is the easy way to win.
Lucky me!

And finally, we talked about a custom cue for me.
But it will be winter before he can start.
I think this may be the first time in my life
that I have looked forward to winter!


No comments: