D I A R Y
of a

P O O L    S H O O T E R

The Adventures of FastMikie
in search of Truth and Beauty in the art of pocket billiards.




Sunday, July 10, 2005

Miltonio in action!

Afternoon visit to Miltonio
to get my spare shaft re-tipped (Moori slow)
and to get Tony's shaft re-tipped (same)
and to shoot some pool.

Miltonio's shop is amazing
with all sorts of specialized tools
which he has made himself.
It must be seen to be believed!
And I got a front row seat while
he worked on my cue.
It is an extraordinary pleasure
to watch a master craftsman in action.

We played some one-pocket,
which is his game of preference
and a game I have played only a few times.
He beat me the first game 8-7.
I took the next two 8-2 and 8-4.
I'm starting to get a new respect
and appreciation for the game.
I'll probably play more of it in the future...

Then we played some 9 ball,
and he should have won at least
2 or 3 games where he left the 9 for me,
in the jaws!
That sure is the easy way to win.
Lucky me!

And finally, we talked about a custom cue for me.
But it will be winter before he can start.
I think this may be the first time in my life
that I have looked forward to winter!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Go to top of this blog

© Copyright 2004-2011, All rights reserved.