Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Practice warm-up #2

Still slow-rolling to get the feel going again. El Maestro always said to visualize the ball going into the pocket slowly.

Notice the low lighting. I like to play in darkened conditions, where I rely more on a sense of where and how to hit the ball without really seeing an exact aim point.

A few more sessions of open table practice and I'll be ready for some serious drills...






(top)


3 comments:

Robert Johnson said...

Lol, or you could wear sunglasses so we could watch in better lighting. Your tip sounds like a hard Morri, is that right? I had one once but I couldn't get used to it, partly due to a few miscues. Maybe I just needed Blue Diamond Chalk to go with it? I like the clock chime at the conclusion of your run. Good run again!

Michael McCafferty said...

The tip is (supposed to be) a Moori medium.

The lighting is really not that bad. Sometimes I go a LOT lower, but then the camera can't pick it up.

Michael McCafferty said...

Notice how the cloth looks so much more green in this video under lower lighting, than the video in the previous post, where it looks so much more blue (it IS blue, Simonis 760 tournament blue).