Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Ragged Point


Something good finally came about
from my loss at the US Amateur Championships,
the finals of which will be played this coming weekend.

On my drive to the tournament in Mountain View, CA
(a trip of about 8 hours driving time)
I decided to break it into two parts,
and stay over at Ragged Point,
about halfway up the coast.
It is of one of my favorite places on the planet.

Click here for link to YouTube
Ragged Point Video

or, click the play button, below:





Video of the surf and rocks,
looking south from my room at Ragged Point, CA,
which is about 12 miles north of San Simeon (Hearst Castle),
and just south of Big Sur.
It's a great place for peace and solitude and the sounds of the surf.

There are no phones in the rooms, but there is wireless.

Just outside my room, there is a path of about 15 feet,
then the low chain link fence right at the very edge of the cliff.
I balanced my camcorder on the top of this fence,
and let it capture a few moments of paradise.
I figured it would be good material for those meditative times
back at Mikie's Fun House, in Del Mar, CA.

I put this video on the internet and The Public Domain
as a gift to all who may find this clip,
and also find a moment of tranquility.


There may be more Ragged Point video clips coming soon.
To find them, search YouTube for "Ragged Point FastMikie"

(blog top)


No comments: