Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Saturday, December 23, 2006

43 Balls, No Pants





Late last night, well past midnight,
I had just finished a session of creative writing
for a new project in my plan for Global Domination.
I needed a break,
so I started to hit some balls...

I rigged myself up with my new iPod Shuffle Gen 2,
loaded with some easy blues by Corinne Bailey Rae.

My focus was on my stroke,
the quality of the hit,
and how light and easy and balanced the cue felt.
Soon enough I was hitting them pretty good,
so I turned on the video camera...

Toward the end of the hour-long tape,
I wasn't counting,
but it seemed as if I had a decent run
so I stopped to review what I had.

To my surprise, a new personal best:
a run of 43, setting up for the break shot
at the end of each rack.

My previous high run was 35,
but that was many years ago, in college.
The best part is that, this time,
I have proof on video tape.
(When I was in college, video tape didn't exist.)

I'd give you a link to view the tape,
but I wasn't wearing pants at the time,
and this is a G-rated website...

Next time, I'll see how good I can do with pants.

(blog top)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that such an amazing feeling?!... Didn't need to know about the pants though... hehe

Merry Christmas!