Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Vision Test

Today I finally tried out my new high tech pool glasses.
(See post)

After several adjustments, they seemed worth taking home
to give them a real world try on the field of green.
First thing I noticed is that I get a sense of
rounded edges, as in a wide angle fish-eye camera lens,
but only at the extreme sides of peripheral vision.
I figured it would not effect my pool shooting,
but maybe I was wrong...


Warming up with the straight/rotation exercise
for about 10 racks, I was not at all happy with my performance,
so I decided to take a break for some yoga stretching
and rest my eyes before continuing.
But that didn't seem to help much.

Next, during 2-3 hours of straight pool racks,
my best run was only 15 balls, with a couple of 13 ball runs.
I'm not sure I can blame it on the glasses
because I felt as if I was rushing,
not taking enough time with each shot.

I'll need more experiments...



(blog top)

No comments: