Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Friday, December 30, 2005

Multi-Match Day

It was a busy day at the Fun House!

In the afternoon Mike R. came by
for a couple of 9 ball races to 7.
And our hero (me) won 7-4 and 7-3.
It was probably because I had the home field advantage.
My Gold Crown has tighter pockets than his Olhausen.

Later in the day Dan S. made the trip
all the way from Orange County.
I got lucky and won two out of 3 races to 7,
the last one by 7-3.
Dan has a very intimidating game.
Deadly accurate shot maker.
Snooker stance.
And, as a Brit, a heritage of 1000 years
of Irish oppression.
;o)

Flag of Ireland, click to learn more

In 9-ball, there's a lot of luck involved.
On his last visit here, we played some straight pool,
and I only won by one ball,
so I think we are very closely matched.

All in all, a very satisfying day at the table.
A couple of break and runs,
a couple of runouts from the 1 ball,
and my break is working better all the time.

Onward and upward...

(blog top)

No comments: