Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Monday, August 18, 2008

Tendinitis in my Supraspinatus

The therapist diagnosed my right shoulder condition as "tendinitis in my supraspinatus" or an inflammation in one of the muscles in the shoulder.

I think something ripped when I was working with Johnny Archer on my jump shot, a few weeks ago. Ever since it has hurt and felt tight, especially as certain places in arm rotation. Break shots bring more pain.

On the advice of the therapist, I am starting targeted massage routines, twice a week, in addition to therapy once a week. Therapy sessions include ultrasound and laser although I unsure if/how they help.

Massage is something I have have been wanting to add to my overall physical and mental conditioning program. The massage will serve to be not only theraputic but also preventive of injury.

Massage will also be added to the pre-tournament and pre-match preparations. Each massage experience will include positive physical and mental conditioning. Beyond touch, there will be music, scents, visualizations, and affirmations.

Sounds good to me!

I feel better already, just knowing how much I'm going to enjoy getting rid of the
tendinitis in my supraspinatus.

No comments: