Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Friday, August 15, 2008

Full moon fiasco fourth

The Thursday afternoon 8-ball tournament turned into a 9-ball tournament by a narrow vote of the players who wanted something a little quicker than 8-ball. That was just the start of the madness. I executed two inexcusable miscues and missed a shot so simple it is inexplicable. Those fiascoes left me with a 3 wins, 1 loss score and I missed the playoffs which were between 3 guys who had 4-0 scores. The rules here seem to be a bit out of the mainstream, but rules is rules, so I had to settle for a tie for fourth. Eric the Brit won, protesting all the while that he hates 9-ball. I'm figuring that we won't be playing much more 9-ball at the 8-ball tournament.

My performance in this tournament in 5 attempts is 2 firsts, 1 second, 1 third, 1 fourth. I can do better!

No comments: