Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Playing Ability Test (PAT) Level ONE Spreadsheet


When I was still practicing with Level ONE, I didn't have a handy spreadsheet to do all the grunt arithmetic, so Practice Assistant Dave had to do it all with a pencil. Ugh.

Recently I went to Level TWO on the PAT test, and made up a spreadsheet to do the work of scoring, and that has worked out very well. That got me to thinking that I should do a spreadsheet for all those folks still at Level ONE, and I put some new features in this new spreadsheet, which are kinda fun. For example, the score column is orange until you pass the minimum to get a patch, then it turns the color of the lowest level patch (light green), and when you get to the next level, it turns the appropriate color (dark green). I also added a cumulative score column so you can compare mid-test scores to last time you took the test.

Now the PAT Level ONE spreadsheet is more advanced than PAT Level TWO, and that hardly seems right, so I'll have to go upgrade that one now. I'm a giver...

I'll do PAT Level THREE when I pass Level TWO, or when somebody else wants to modify one of my existing spreadsheets.

Here's the new Level ONE spreadsheet: Click here. Good Luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you replace the average calculation with the average function:

AVERAGE(E3:I3)

then you can check your score and cumulative with every entry.

Michael McCafferty said...

Nice suggestion!
I'll use it in my next update.

Thank you!!