Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Wagon Wheel Draw Drill



Paul Potier, the Canadian pro,
showed me this very challenging drill
designed to improve draw accuracy.

The idea is to sink the ball into the side pocket
and in the same shot to direct to the cue ball into
the next ball in rotation on the rails.

When you hit the next ball in rotation,
remove it from the table
and proceed to the next ball in rotation.

Score 1 for each shot taken.
Lowest score possible is 12,
and I am working toward that goal.
This video shows 20 shots,
my best so far.

My first attempt was over 50 shots.
It can get frustrating, but if you stick with it,
your total shots will come down fast,
and you'll learn a lot about your stoke
and concentration.

Click here for the video.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have been away from the game for 20 years and decided to play again.
The drill in the Video came from a book I used to have called something like the Wagon Wheel Theory of Pool. I met the man who wrote it in Sacremento Ca. and bought a copy from him. I cannot find it but it helped my game a lot. Does anyone know where I can find a purchase this small book? Please respond to bradlee76705@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Brad