Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Friday, April 24, 2009

Johnny Archer runs 120 at FastMikie's Fun House

Nick Varner calls the action while Johnny Archer runs 120 balls.

This video starts off with Nick Varner coaching me through my last rack, where I get myself in trouble and play safe. That's when Johnny Archer spots a kick to a 5 ball combination for a break shot and proceeds to run out the rack (12 balls) and keeps on going for a total run of 120 balls.

What is exceptional about this run is that Johnny does it despite all sorts of distractions, interruptions and while carrying on conversations about the shots and the strategy as he goes.

There is a lot that can be learned from these videos!




4 comments:

Cary said...

Lots of great stuff here, thanks for posting. I've watched about a third of what you've posted and I've already taken away a lot of good tips from it. Loved all the poolspeak via southern drawls....

Samm said...

I'm so jealous... =S

Anyway, thanks again for hosting me!

R.A. Dyer said...

I'm always amazed at how well these guys can play -- especially when you see them live and close up. I remember watching Johnny Archer goofing off on a 9-footer at a trade show a few years back. He was absently drinking a coke and gabbing while he ran balls. And it was like he couldn't miss. At one point Archer got stuck behind a ball and without much hestitation he distractedly shot a long bank and then went back to his conversation. Truly amazing.

Thanks for posting.

sausage said...

yeah yeah the pool is great but that fucking house! holy crap! what do you do for a living and where do i sign up?

sausage