D I A R Y
of a

P O O L    S H O O T E R

The Adventures of FastMikie
in search of Truth and Beauty in the art of pocket billiards.




Monday, January 01, 1990

In a time long ago...

Notice the date on this blog. It says 1990, but that's the earliest date you are allowed to enter. The year is really 1964. That's when I was shooting pool pretty good. I was in college, and didn't have much else to do. Studying didn't interest me as much as shooting some straight pool, or 9 ball. I liked testing my skill against Johnny Green. He was about the best in school. I could tell you a lot of stories about shooting pool, but that would be a bunch of "geezer talk".

This post just sets the stage. What followed my college pool-shooting days were The Dark Ages of No Pool, 40 years when I rarely played, and then just as a social event. Nothing serious at all. Needless to say, I got out of stroke.

Over those 40 years, I had a pool table in a couple of different homes, but it was seldom used because I was focused on bringing home the bacon as a computer genius, and that takes a lot of time. Most of the pool I shot was late at night after coming home from a very long day. It helped me unwind. Never any competition. For 40 long years my skills were not tested, but my love for the game stayed strong, and I knew someday I would return to the game with enthusiasm.

And so, it has begun again...


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Go to top of this blog

© Copyright 2004-2011, All rights reserved.