D I A R Y
of a

P O O L    S H O O T E R

The Adventures of FastMikie
in search of Truth and Beauty in the art of pocket billiards.




Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Joy of Not Practicing

It has been several weeks during which I have not practiced at all. Haven't even picked up a cue for at least 10 days at a time, and when I did get around to hitting a few balls, it was really very good.

Tonight, for example. I started out stroking poorly, awkwardly, until soon enough the good feeling came back and I began stroking very nicely and doing things with the cue ball which were creative, and yet natural. And sometimes, outrageously precise.

Pure fun! I was not playing pool with the concept that I was working to get better, to improve my skill so that I would be able to compete and win. It wasn't even a thought in my head, except to notice that I was NOT thinking that way, and that was a major part of my thinking for the last 6 years. It was very liberating.

Truth and Beauty, at last!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Samm said...

I will come to the Fun House and practice in your honor.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009 9:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Go to top of this blog

© Copyright 2004-2011, All rights reserved.