Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Joy of Not Practicing

It has been several weeks during which I have not practiced at all. Haven't even picked up a cue for at least 10 days at a time, and when I did get around to hitting a few balls, it was really very good.

Tonight, for example. I started out stroking poorly, awkwardly, until soon enough the good feeling came back and I began stroking very nicely and doing things with the cue ball which were creative, and yet natural. And sometimes, outrageously precise.

Pure fun! I was not playing pool with the concept that I was working to get better, to improve my skill so that I would be able to compete and win. It wasn't even a thought in my head, except to notice that I was NOT thinking that way, and that was a major part of my thinking for the last 6 years. It was very liberating.

Truth and Beauty, at last!

1 comment:

Samm said...

I will come to the Fun House and practice in your honor.