Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Friday, March 06, 2009

Warming up, piling rocks



After several weeks of no pool, I'm getting back on the table to hit a few and see if I have remembered how a stroke works. It was also a good opportunity to check out the new Flip HD video camera which is the simplest, smallest video recorder I have seen. I put it on a mini tripod for stability and put in on the fireplace mantel, and pushed the big red button. That's all there is to it. Comes with its own built-in USB connector and software.

As for the pool, I'm just hitting them nice and easy. Slow rolling if possible, just to get the feel of the stroke basics. I would typically hit a few racks like this to warm up before getting into some serious drills where I would record the results or a competition.

Watching this video tells me that I want to stay down on the shot longer (among other things). I think I also had some schmutz on the lens. It doesn't look HD to me!

No comments: