Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Pure play

It has been at least 10 days since I picked up a cue! What's up with that? And I have a pool table staring me in the face all day every day. I have to walk around it probably 50 times a day. And I can't pick up a cue to hit a few?

Maybe I just needed a break. I haven't been giving it much thought, until just a while ago, I finally did pick up my cue and started hitting a few, and then a few more, and right from the start I was feeling loose and stroking fine, and it was epic, if you catch my drift. I was getting Earl-type action without much thinking at all. Hey, I don't wanna say the shots were all dropping in the pockets, but the cue ball action was sweet.

Loose. That's what it was that was feeling so good. No pressure, no camera, no drills, no opponent, no spectators, no expectations.

This must be what the Buddha means by non-attachment. The Zen state of mind.

It's times like this that keep me coming back to the table. Pure play!