Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Finally Here: The Billiard Encyclopedia, 3rd edition


Subtitle:  "An Illustrated History of the Sport"

After many delays in publication, and a wait of more than 6 months after I ordered it, this epic work finally arrived at my doorstep yesterday afternoon.

Because billiards has been around for several hundred years, there is a good bit of billiards history, therefore this is a really big book:  600+ pages and 10" x 13".  Huge sucker!  And a zillion photos and illustrations.  It will keep me busy for a long time.

This new 3rd edition just started shipping a few days ago.  The 2nd edition was sold out years ago and a bidding war on those old copies more than doubled the cover price, if you could find one.  I never did get one of those previous editions, so I'm feeling good about spending some serious reading time with this one.


No comments: