Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

First Day of the Rest of My (pool) Life

The US Amateur championship is the focal point, the highlight, and the climax of my pool year. That was last Saturday. Sunday and Monday were travel. Tuesday was a buffer day, to enjoy being home, to do nothing except bridge between the past year and the new year ahead. Today is the first day of the rest of my (pool) life.

It is time to rededicate myself to goals and the process for achieving them.

I have started documenting my daily routines and have already discovered ways to make them more productive. It continues to amaze me how improvements are always possible.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whatever happend to the optimized training assistant? I thought you were working on the PAT testing as well...Just curious no private info is desired

Michael McCafferty said...

The assistant had some personal challenges which brought the situation to an end about 60 days before the tournament, so I filled in with some coaching with Louis Ulrich.

Re: the PAT test, I figured I'd take the test for real in August, but SFBilliards never replied to my email on the subject and I let it slip until after the tournament.

So much to do.... so little time!

FM