Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Thursday afternoon 8-ball

This past Thursday I got third place in the 8-ball tournament.

I was feeling particularly blah all morning, and really didn't feel like competing. And it was looking like the car-gods were not going to let me anyway... the car had a dead battery! But Triple A showed up and replaced the battery in half an hour, in plenty of time for me to decide that it would be good practice for me to compete even when I'm not feeling great. After all, tournaments don't happen when they are convenient for ME, so I need to just suck it up and do the best I can.

In my last match, I missed an unbelievably easy shot to get easy position on an easy 8 ball for the win. I guess it was so unbelievably easy that I must have just taken it for granted, and the result of that is predictable: disaster!

Overall, I did play some nice shots, and some nice runs. Isn't that what it's all about, playing well?


No comments: