Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Taking a break

Due to circumstances beyond my control, my "Optimum Practice" routine has been interrupted for about a week. Of course I could have opted to continue with sub-optimum practice, on the theory that any practice is better than no practice at all, but I chose to make lemonade from the lemons presented, and take some time off. It's always good to step back and clear the mind.

After watching my all-time favorite movie "Out of Africa" again, a few nights ago, I was reminded that I've been spending too much time indoors, and I need to get out more. Preferably, more time on the beach, doing some freestyle Frisbee.



Pool is cool, but Frisbee is the best. For starters, there is no score keeping, it's just pure art-form, pure play. Additionally, it's better exercise, more aerobic, and you get fresh air and sunshine. Finally, consider these immortal words: "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a Frisbee."

Unfortunately, my style of frisbee requires a beach, and daylight hours, and a little bit of wind is good, and somebody to throw it back... all of which makes pool a lot more convenient. So when given a choice, I'll take BOTH!

2 comments:

poolminnow said...

Why do I feel like I'm in a relay race?

Anyway, enjoy your frisbee break. I will try to make my practice this week more optimal in honor of your hiatus.

Michael McCafferty said...

i think that's a new first....
someone honoring my hiatus.

i gotta look that up.

;o)

i haven't actually done any frisbee yet,
but it sounds good in my head.

i did just get back from a nice hike.
very refreshing.
real sunshine and real air.
wow.