Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

PAT 2-10, Nine Ball Situation

After having achieved strong scores (1361 out of 1549) in Level 1 ("for Beginner to Intermediate Players") of the Playing Ability Test (PAT), I have moved up to practicing Level 2. Although I don't have the workbook for Level 2, and therefore can not keep score yet, I do have the DVD for Level 2, ("for Advanced Players") so I can see how the tests are set up, and give them a go...

I must admit that Level 2 is giving me some lessons in humility. It is a lot more difficult than Level 1, but that's exactly the sort of challenge I need to improve my skills.

In practice tonight, I tried out section 10, the Nine Ball Situation, for the first time. Here is my 3rd attempt:



The 3-ball was made a lot easier because I used my Longoni cue extension. This is the first time I've used it for a draw shot, so I was a little apprehensive, but it worked out OK.

The Nine Ball Situation is definitely the most fun of the PAT test drills. You are allowed to bump into balls, and even make them in unintended pockets, but of course that's sloppy pool. This video shows me hitting them pretty clean.

I should have the workbook in a few days and can start to keep score.

No comments: