Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Optimum Practice: Pool Stats

Jack Welch, legendary CEO of GE
was fond of saying:
"If you can't measure it, you can't manage it."

So too with pool, I believe.
Management of my game is being done
with Optimum Practice
which includes keeping records
so I can review what I need to work on.

Over the past couple of weeks,
I have developed an Excel spreadsheet
to record progress (or not)
with ten drills.

Here's the spreadsheet

I try to improve it a little
every once in a while.
Let me know if you have
questions and/or suggestions.



3 comments:

Robert Johnson said...

Thanks. Questions: How do you score "Lag Shots"? (4 if within 2 inches, 3 if within 4, 2 if within 6, 1 if within 8?) Do you try Sorto String from other side too? Does "Spot Shots, Right" mean the cue ball begins on the right? (Or do you sink the object ball into the right corner pocket?) What are the cue and object ball positions for the bank shots?

Anonymous said...

Zee type, she eees tooo beeeg.

Michael McCafferty said...

Yes, the type is too big for a web page, but if you open the page in Excel, it is better, and you can make it any size you want.