Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Getting back into stroke

One of my sparring partners (Malve)
emailed me to see if I was ready to
get back into the game.

I felt that I should give my injured shoulder
some more time to heal before I
gave it the kind of workout that a
serious match of several hours would bring.
I really needed some pool.
You know the feeling.

So, yesterday, for some 5 hours,
we shot some straight pool matches, to 100,
and I remained undefeated.

At first, my play was awful,
with 4-ball runs as the best I could do.
But then my stroke-memory kicked it,
and I actually ran a rack!
Woohoo!

FastMikie is back!

That's the good news,
but the bad news is that I was wiped out.
My back was killing me after four hours.
I need to work on stamina.

The entire session was videotaped,
so a couple of interesting shots
may soon appear here.

(top)


No comments: