Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Friday, September 28, 2007

Bar table lessons

Late this afternoon, I met El Maestro at
Hensley's Flying Elephant
850 Tamarack, Carlsbad CA
for a review of bar table concepts and strategies,
in preparation for the 8-ball Blast tomorrow.
This competition decides if we get to go to Las Vegas
for the National Championships
next August.

The lessons:
Smaller tables mean more clusters,
the need for more precision position,
probably more safety play,
the need for greater cue ball control,
there are no long shots,
hit the ball more softly.


It was the first time I picked up a cue in 6 days.
I was shooting mediocre,
but I ran the last rack of 8 ball,
so it was good to end on a high note.

Another high note was
the $100.00 in cash El Maestro handed me
for my share (1/8) of the team money for winning
the Division Championships.

My favorite charity will appreciate the gift.

(blog top)


No comments: