Gold Crown IV

Gold Crown IV
FastMikie's Fun House, Del Mar, California

Friday, July 27, 2007

Bye causes bye-bye to 15 minutes of fame

I didn't play last night.
The team had a bye.
But the former #2 guy in town played, and won.
So he replaces me as top dog.
Even though I'm undefeated in 8 matches,
he has played 10 and won 9,
giving him more MVP points.

Playing on a team involves compromises.
If it were not for team considerations,
I could have played 10 matches too.
Maybe I would have won those extra 2 matches.
Could'a, Should'a, Would'a, Maybe...

There are many things over which we have no control.
And speaking of no control, here's a famous quote:

God, give us grace to accept with Serenity
the things that cannot be changed,
Courage to change the things that should be changed,
and the Wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.

The "Serenity Prayer" by Rinehold Niebuhr.


Serenity, Courage, and Wisdom.
Good things to have when you're shooting pool...

I was #1 in all San Diego divisions for a little while,
and I'm still #1 in my division, even with the bye.
That's plenty ok with me.

Here is the list as of today:


(click the list to make it BIGGER)

(blog top)


No comments: